Bleeding Cool is Bloody Good - - - in new print format

Just when you might think that limited-interest specialty genre magazines were a species facing extinction - - - a new one pops up! Since I'm among the hold-outs who still like to be able to physically handle their reading materials - - I love it! Later this month yet another website enters the magazine world as THE NAMELESS splashes it's beautifully horrific visions onto glossy paper. Love it to pieces!





BLEEDING COOL magazine doesn't officially launch until it goes bi-monthly in October 2012. But you can read a smaller sized version this month for $1.49 with Issue #0 from Avatar Press. I pre-ordered my copy from Captain Blue Hen (Newark, DE), so they may have some extra copies at the store. I would also expect to find copies at The Comic Book Shop (Wilmington, DE) since they are listed in the BLEEDING COOL retailer list as a supporter of the magazine launch. You won't regret seeking this appetizer out and having a taste for yourself. I know I will surely return for the main course in October.

This 40-page sampler/teaser is jammed with informative articles and previews, including a look at the latest revival of Valiant Comics and a preview of Brian Wood's THE MASSIVE. My favorite stories are the interview with Len Wein on BEFORE WATCHMEN and the cool capsule history of BOOM! STUDIO's accomplishments.

-- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Kirkman: Invincible, Walking Dead, Wolf-Man

more random readings from May 2009

Best descriptive 2013 title: Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht